Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Bubbles & Bubbly

Event Date: April 4, 2011

I've seen in it a million times in movies. Ladies have long days and decide to relax in a luxurious bubble bath. They have strawberries in one hand and champagne in the other while soft music plays in the background. I tried this one time before sans the food, beverage, and music but I didn't really enjoy it. I was cohabiting at the time and I had a house guest that summer. Since I knew that there was life on the other side of the door I couldn't really relax. All I could think about was everything I had to do.

This time was different. I spent the entire day cleaning my apartment, and I had plans that night that were canceled without notice so my body was a bit tense. So on a whim I grabbed my candles and the left over bubble bath I had purchased for Valentines Day, then I headed for the bathroom. I didn't have strawberries so I filled a bowl with sliced peaches and then popped open a bottle of champagne.

I knew I would drive myself crazy with my own thoughts so I propped up my laptop and inserted my Twilight Saga: Eclipse DVD. As soon as I stepped into the tub I felt every muscle in my body melt. When my whole body was submerged in the bubble filled water, I let go the loudest most pleasure filled sigh. Before I pressed play on the movie, I sat in the silence that surrounded me for a few minutes. I only let one thought come into my mind, which was that I was thankful for the opportunity to give this treat to myself. Then I reminded myself that those opportunities could always be there if I stop worrying and wondering long enough to cease them.

Everyone should try this. It was even better than it looks in the movies. I felt like I came out of  a long day in the spa when I stepped out of the bathroom and back into the real world.

Actual Photo

1 comment:

apw said...

so i stumbled upon your other blog because i google cosmos the rubberband effect. trying to find more info to give to my guy friend for his pov. lol and then found this blog. I am definitely living the single life & its free game till theres a ring on it. Check out my blog at alliepat.blogspot.com

About Me

My photo
20 Something Serial Monogamist with a distinct point of a view. I am a lover of love who is interested in disecting the physical reasoning behind love vs. the emotional reasoning.